Friday, February 16, 2007

(Blush)

The wonderful Cyberpunk Review just put up a very cool mention of The Bachelor Machine. Thanks!
Now as most of you know, I don’t do any advertising on Cyberpunk Review, which means it’s a massive time sink that doesn’t generate a dime (this is exactly how I want it to be!). Collecting advertising revenue on a site devoted to cyberpunk concepts just seems wrong somehow. That said, I have absolutely NO qualms about accepting gifts! Cyberpunk movies, books, figures (the Borg Queen, if you have it), games - I’d be more than happy to accept (send an email to sfam”at”cyberpunkreview.com if feel the urge!). While I have gotten a number of movies sent for me to review, this is my first cyberpunk book ....

Successful erotic fantasy author, M. Christian, sent me a wonderful message saying how much he liked Cyberpunk Review, and offered to send me his book of “smutty cyberpunk short stories,” called The Bachelor Machine. I just got it in the mail today, so I can’t give a review of it yet. But often when I find a new author I’m interested in, I like to take the book and open it to a random page and start reading. Here’s a sample for you from the first place I opened it to - page 132, halfway down ....

I think I’m gonna like The Bachelor Machine! Thanks, Chris! Better yet, M. Christian mentions he has another cyberpunk erotica book due to come out in a year from now. I’ll be looking forward to it.
I'm blushing like a schoolgirl! By the way, the novel is The Painted Doll. For info on that check out this Amazon UK page. Now I just have to finish writing it ....

For a very cool review of the Bachelor Machine check out Locus. Then there's always the Wikipedia page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BTW, that ultra-hawt cyber-chick photo comes from a very bizarre, but interesting erotic cyberpunk flick called I.K.U. Check out some more of this if interested at:

http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/movie/decade/2000-current/iku/

There's also a second page to the review at the bottom with more screencaps.

~SFAM
http://www.cyberpunkreview.com