Tuesday, September 06, 2005

When is a blog not a blog?

This may be a blog but it really isn’t a ‘blog.’ Bear with me.

While I like – and read – various blogs by various writers, this isn’t going to be one of those. Not because I’m not a writer, because I am …or try to be. Not because this isn’t a blog, because that’s what it is -- technically.

If you’re familiar with my old site you know I had this silly habit of putting “I’m busy” into my journal page. Aside from being accurate, the phrase also helped me define this blog. Every time I thought about, say, divulging what I’m listening to on my iPod, what shows I’m watching, what books I’m reading, sharing gossip, going on about politics (don’t get me started), bitching about whatever makes me angry, and so forth, I realized that I just simply don't have the time.

So even though this is a blog, I won’t be treating it like most of the ones you've probably seen. Sure, I may be posting some silly stuff now and then, but mostly this is going to be a place where I'll post what projects I’m working on, press releases, calls for submissions, good reviews (hey, I’m not dumb), book covers, and fun stuff like that.

I might like to treat this as a more personal blog but time isn’t on my side – because I’m damned busy … busy writing.

No comments: